What is Achilles Injury?
Achilles tendonitis is a common injury of the tendon that attaches at the back of the heel. Injury to the bones and joints of the foot can be caused by a single blow or twist to the foot, or also by repetitive trauma that can result in a stress fracture.
Symptoms of Achilles Injury
Achilles tendon (tendinitis) and cause tenderness and pain at the back of the heel made worse while pushing off the ball of the foot. Pain and point tenderness are the immediate indicators that something is wrong in a specific area.
The onset of pain, whether suddenly or over time, is an important indicator of the cause of the problem.
Suggestions for treating Achilles Injury:
- New shoes or the replacement of current shoe insoles
- Proper footwear fitting, including lacing and sock combinations to eliminate compression and friction issues
- Corrective and over-the-counter orthotics may also improve the biomechanics of the foot
- Exercises to increase flexibility will maintain or improve the length of a muscle. Flexibility helps to make a stronger muscle and less likely to be injured
- Appropriate medication and ice therapy to control inflammation Osteopathic treatment to reduce tension in the calf muscle
Your osteopath in North Melbourne is trained to determine the most appropriate form of treatment that is tailored specifically for you.
Initial Consultation (45-50 mins) $110.00
Standard Consultation (30 mins) $85.00
Long Consultation (60 mins) $140.00
Payment Types Available: HICAPS, EFTPOS, VISA & Mastercard
Most private health insurance companies cover Osteopathy for Archilles Injury. We recommend contacting your medical insurance company to clarify the terms and conditions of your policy.
*Veterans most welcome
For advice regarding Osteopathy for Archilles Injury call 9329 7077 or
for an appointment with an Osteopath.